Resetting Your Dallas Garage Door Restrict Switches
The “limit switches” (up & down) on your garage door opener‘s motor regulate when it starts and stops running. Given all the dangers and accidents that can happen if and when your door runs when it’s not supposed to.To stop the garage door from this erratic behavior, it is advised that you reset the limit switch of the garage door opener. Don’t know how to do it? The article will teach you how.
Learn to Reset The Limit Switches of Garage Door Opener
The limit switches are used to operate the functioning of motor. Motor helps to open and close the garage door on a given command. Sometimes, the limit switches fail to work due to their complete life-span or improper handling. The most common symptom is the garage door will not open and close properly, or will reverse back from the midway. This is due to the malfunctioning of the security system which protects the garage door from hitting the ground at once. You need to follow certain steps in order to reset your garage door opener limit switches.
Here is a list of steps following which you can easily bring your garage door back to its original functionality.
Steps to Reset the Limit Switches:
- Inspect the elements of garage door carefully: If your garage door does not open fully or opens till half-way, the up-limit switch need to be adjusted.
- You must note the measure where the door stops in between its path as this will help you to reset the up limit switch on your door opener.
- If your garage door does not closes fully and stops in the mid-way, or it moves up after reaching the mid-way, you need to check the down limit of the garage door opener.
- Measure the gap as it will be required to reset the down limit of the door on the opener.
- Make use of a step ladder to access the limit switches given on the door opener and adjust the settings or tighten the screws on both the ends if they have loosen up.
- Using a flat-blade screwdriver, raise the door up by turning the up-limit screws in a clockwise direction. The chain trolley might move and if it does leave a gap of 2 to 4 inches between the trolley and the cover protection bolt.
- Repeat the same with the down-limit in anticlockwise direction. Using a screwdriver, adjust the distance between the garage door bottom and driveway.
- If the door closes and again reverses up back. Turn on the down-limit in a clockwise direction to resolve the issue.
- If your garage door starts reversing automatically without any given command, reset the down-limit by moving the screw in a clockwise direction.
Don’t compromise you and your family’s safety with a defective garage door.
In the event it is no longer possible to repair your garage door’s limit switch, get a new one. I recommend you to call 365 Overhead Door & Gate at (214) 980-2015 to get the repair done in your Dallas garage door opener or even replacing a new one our team can help you out.
For More Related Articles: https://365garagedoorrepair.com/opener-repair/